Travelling is essential for everyone, whether for business or tourism. Safar Ki Dua is a tool that secures us from unexpected incidents during travelling (Safar). Being Muslims, we believe Islam guides us in every occupation of Life. We can make risk free journey by following the commands of the Quran and Hadith.
The Importance of Safar Ki Dua in Islam
Travelling can bring about unforeseen challenges and dangers. In Islam, seeking Allah’s guidance and protection through Safar Ki Dua is a crucial aspect of embarking on any journey, whether it’s for business, leisure, or pilgrimage. This prayer demonstrates a Muslim’s reliance on Allah and acknowledges that safety and success can only come from the Almighty.
Safar ki Dua, Arabic, Urdu, and English Translation
As Safar ki Dua is needed by every Muslim, I am listing here the 5 most famous Safar Ka Dua (Traveling Prayers) in this Article:
#1. Safar Shoro karny ki Dua
“سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي سَخَّرَ لَنَا هَذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لَهُ مُقْرِنِينَ وَإِنَّا إِلَى رَبِّنَا لَمُنْقَلِبُونَ”
Safar Shoro karny ki Dua in English:
“Allah is pure, He has given control and without His power, we would not have any control Without a doubt we are to return to him”
Urdu Translation (اردو میں سفر کی دعا)
پاک ہے وہ ذات جس نے اس سواری کو ہمارے لیے مسخر کردیا، اور ہم اس کو قابو میں لانے والے نہ تھے
Source: Quran (Surah Zakhruf)
#2. Dua for new place
Dua in Arabic:
رَّبِّ اَدْخِلْنِيْ مُدْخَلَ صِدْقٍ وَّاَخْرِجْنِيْ مُخْــرَجَ صِدْقٍ وَّاجْعَلْ لِّيْ مِنْ لَّدُنْكَ سُلْطٰنًا نَّصِيْرًا
O Lord, cause me to enter a goodly entrance and cause me to go out a goodly exit, and grant me from you an authority to assist (me).
اے حبیب ، کہہ دیں اے میرے رب مجھے اپنے پسندیدہ طریقے سے داخل فرما اور اسی طرح نکال بھی دے ، اور میرے لیے ایک مددگار مقرر کر دے۔
Source: Sura Al-‘Isra 17:80
#3. Safar ki Dua
Dua in Arabic:
وَقَالَ ارْكَبُواْ فِيهَا بِسْمِ اللّهِ مَجْرَاهَا وَمُرْسَاهَا إِنَّ رَبِّي لَغَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ
English Translation: Embark therein! In the name of Allah, be it its course or its mooring. Lo! My Lord is Forgiving and Merciful!
Dua e safar in Urdu:
اور ( نوح نے) فرمایا: اس میں سوار ہو جاؤ۔ اس کا چلنا اور اس کا ٹھہرنا اللہ ہی کے نام پر ہے۔ بیشک میرا رب ضرور بخشنے والا مہربان ہے۔
Source: Surah Al-Hud – 11:41
#4. Dua e safar upon returning home
آيِبُونَ تَائِبُونَ عابِدُونَ ساجِدُونَ لِرَبِّنَا حَامِدُونَ
English Translation of Dua e Safar:
We return, repentant, worshipping, prostrating, and praising our Lord.
Urdu Tarjma for Dua e Safar:
ہم واپس ہو رہے ہیں، توبہ کرتے ہوئے عبادت کرتے ہوئے اپنے رب کے حضور سجدہ کرتے ہوئے اور اس کی حمد کرتے ہوئے
#5. Dua on a new place
Dua in Arabic:
اللَّهُمَّ ارْزُقْنَا جِنَاهَا وَحَبِّبْنَا إِلَى أَهْلِهَا وَحَبِّبْ صَالِحِي أَهْلِهَا إِلَيْنَا
Dua in English:
“O Allah, grant us the fruit of this place and create love in the people for us and create love in our hearts for the righteous people (of this area).”
Dua in Urdu:
اے اللہ اس (شہر) کا مال ہمارے لیے نفع بخش بنا، اور لوگوں کے دلوں میں ہمارے لیے محبت پیدا کر ، اور لوگوں کا پیار میں دلوں میں پیدا کر۔
Importance of travelling in Islam
Islam mein Safar ki Ahemiat (اسلام میں سفر کی اہمیت )
Islam encourages travelling openly, even for searching for economic reasons or for seeking knowledge. Prophet Muhammad says:
“Seek knowledge even unto China.”
Through Travelling, we have had some beautiful spiritual moments when we saw the mountains, rivers, and deserts. These things show the greatness of Allah.
Traveller (Musafir) prayer is very significant when he is travelling. Quran Says:
قُلْ سِيرُوا۟ فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ فَٱنظُرُوا۟ كَيْفَ بَدَأَ ٱلْخَلْقَ ۚ ثُمَّ ٱللَّهُ يُنشِئُ ٱلنَّشْأَةَ ٱلْـَٔاخِرَةَ ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَىْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
Say (O Muhammad): ‘Travel throughout the land and see how He originated the creation, then Allah will bring it into being one more time. Surely Allah is Most Capable of everything.’
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said :
ثَلَاثُ دَعَوَاتٍ يُسۡتَجَابُ لَهُنَّ لَا شَكَّ فِيۡهِنَّ دَعۡوَةُ الۡمَظۡلُوۡمِ وَ دَعۡوَةُ الۡمُسَافِرِ وَدَعۡوَةُ الۡوَالِدِ لِوَلَدِهِ
تين دعاؤں کی قبوليت ميں کوئی شک نہيں،مظلوم کی دعا ،مسافر کی دعااور والد کی ا پنی اولاد کے حق ميں دعا۔
Quotes about Traveling (Safar)
- The reward of travelling for God is better than Hajj. (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)
- Travelling makes you healthy and prosperous. (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)
- Go on the trip because if there is no financial gain, there will be a spiritual benefit. (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)
- Travelling is the best way to judge morality. (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)
- Travel is a source of moral recognition and quality. (Imam Ali a.s)
The Benefits of Safar Ki Dua
Reciting Dua comes with countless benefits for travellers. Some of the essential benefits include the following:
- Protection from Harm: Safar Ki Dua protects against possible risks and mishaps during travel, such as accidents, illnesses, or other unexpected events.
- Guidance and Direction: Seeking Allah’s guidance through Dua ensures that travellers remain on the right path and make the best decisions.
- Ease and Comfort: Safar Ki Dua helps ease feelings of anxiety, stress, and fatigue commonly associated with travel, allowing for a more comfortable and enjoyable experience.
- Spiritual Growth: Reciting Dua promotes self-reflection, introspection, and spiritual development, enhancing the overall travel experience and making it more meaningful.
Step-by-Step Guide to Perform the Traveler’s Prayer
We will guide you through reciting this prayer step-by-step, ensuring you are well-prepared for your next journey.
- Begin with the intention (Niyyah): Before you start the prayer, it is essential to set your intention. You should internally express your purpose for reciting the Safar Ki Dua.
- Find the suitable location: As with any Islamic prayer, finding a clean and quiet place to recite the Dua is best, While you can pray in your vehicle, hotel room, or other suitable location.
- Prepare for the prayer: To perform the prayer, ensure you are in a state of purity (Wudu) and face the Qibla (the direction of the Kaaba in Mecca). If you need help with the directions, you can use a Qibla compass or an app on your smartphone to help you.
- Begin the prayer: Start by raising your hands to your ears and saying “Allahu Akbar” (God is the Greatest) as you would in any other Islamic prayer. This action marks the beginning of the Dua.
- Recite the opening supplication (Dua): After saying “Allahu Akbar,” recite the following Dua e Safar in Arabic:
- Complete the prayer: Finish the Dua by saying “Ameen” (Amen) and lowering your hands to your sides.
Best Times to Recite the Prayer During a Journey
Knowing when to recite the Safar Ki Dua during a journey is important. There are specific times and occasions when it is appropriate to perform this prayer.
- At the beginning of the journey: The Safar Ki Dua is ideally recited when you are about to embark on your journey after you have made all necessary preparations.
- During moments of hardship or difficulty: If you encounter any challenges or difficulties during your travels, you can recite the Safar Ki Dua to seek guidance and protection from Allah.
- At important milestones: You may choose to recite the Dua at significant milestones during your journey, such as crossing borders, reaching a destination, or completing a stage of the trip.
- Upon returning home: It is also appropriate to recite the travelling prayer when you return, expressing gratitude to Allah for your safe travels and experiences.
5 best Tips for a Safe and Spiritually Fulfilling Journey
- Set a powerful intention: Reflect on your goals, and identify what you hope to gain from your travels.
- Spiritual practices: Attend religious or spiritual gatherings, visit sacred sites, or meditate in nature.
- Volunteer ideas: Join a local service project, teach a skill to others, or help with environmental conservation efforts.
- Safety tips: Register with your country’s embassy, carry a copy of your identification, and stay informed about local news and updates.
- Health tips: Stay hydrated, eat well-balanced meals, get enough rest, and practice good hygiene.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: When should I recite Safar Ki Dua?
A: It is best to say Dua before leaving on a trip, preferably after you have packed your bags and are ready to go.
Q2: Can I recite Safar Ki Dua in my own language, or must I say it in Arabic?
A: While reciting Dua in its original Arabic form is preferable, you may also recite it in your own language if you do not know Arabic. The key is to maintain sincerity and focus while praying.
Q3: Is it necessary to perform ablution (wudu) before reciting Dua?
A: Although performing wudu before reciting Dua is not obligatory, it is always good to be in a state of ritual purity when supplicating to Allah.
Q4: Can I recite Safar Ki Dua on behalf of someone else?
A: Yes, you can recite Dua on behalf of a loved one or friend embarking on a journey. Praying for others’ safety and well-being is an act of kindness and compassion in Islam.
Q5: Do I need to be physically present with the person for whom I’m reciting Dua?
A: No, you do not need to be physically present with the person. You can pray for their safe journey from anywhere with the right intention and focus.
As you venture on your next adventure, whether a short road trip or an epic voyage across the globe, don’t forget to pack the spiritual protection of Safar Ki Dua. This powerful traveller’s prayer is a means to seek divine guidance and blessings, strengthen your faith, and build connections within your community.